Five Ways to Increase Your Happiness
Ok. I’ll be honest. I’ve been pretty cranky lately. Maybe it’s the cold, dark rainy days. Maybe it’s stress from work, adjusting to living with another person or trying to keep three dogs with cabin fever from destroying the house. Regardless, it’s got to stop.
But how do you get happy? Change your frame of mind. Here are a few things to try:
- Count your blessings. I’ve started to list at least five things I am thankful for at the end of each day.
- Read something uplifting. I just downloaded this kindle book from Amazon for $2.99.
- Change your perspective. Volunteer to help someone less fortunate.
- Break out of your rut. Go for a walk on a different route or paint a wall in your house a fun new color.
- Talk to someone you trust. Sometimes venting and receiving council from a trusted friend or adviser can be just the thing to ease a troubled mind.
- Watch a feel good movie. I recommend I Don’t Know How She Does It.
What do you do to lift your mood?